UW-Stout’s Career Services is seeking an individual passionate about college student success and career readiness while striving to create a welcoming, equitable and inclusive work environment. In this position, you will directly support UW-Stout’s polytechnic career focused mission by overseeing the messaging and content for all communication outlets (web, print, social media) for the Career Services office.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates marketing materials through various communication mediums utilizing appropriate technologies and techniques
- Oversees design, development, printing, and final approvals on UW-Stout Career Services marketing materials.
- Manage departmental presence on the web, in social media and in mobile applications using student office resources.
- Promote and enhance UW-Stout Career Services through the development and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan.
- Research, track, and assess website, digital design and social media use and engagement; make recommendations to improve reach and engagement
This position is typically a Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (year-round position). Some remote work/telecommuting may be possible (max up to 2 days per week) after completion of a significant training period, successful on-the-job performance, departmental needs assessment and approval.
Official UW Title and Job Description > *Marketing Specialist (CM015)
Minimum / Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, graphics, media, communications (or equivalent education/training i.e. Associate Degree).
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative software.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, including social media marketing, content marketing, and email marketing.
- Interest in advancing student learning in area of career development.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, graphics, media, communications, or a related field.
- Nonprofit/government or higher education student service experience.
- Proficiency with HTML and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze website data and develop insights.
- Experience developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Experience with website design and development.
- Experience in multiple social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a cohesive member of a team.
UW-Stout’s Career Services Office’s mission is to educate, engage and empower students and alumni in navigating career and professional development through employer and faculty/staff partnerships.
Our vision is to continue to be a leader in:
- Providing centralized career resources, programs, services, and technologies
- Integrating applied and experiential learning
- Providing data to support informed career decisions
- Remaining adaptive and flexible in changing career needs for all stakeholders
- Building and nurturing strategic relationships to enhance opportunities for students
- Ultimately ensuring students successful transition from college to career
We value: Inclusion and diversity, collaborative partnerships, technology, professional and ethical practices, applied learning, and customer service.
UW-Stout’s Career Services Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
Applications received by end of day 6/13/2023, are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after 6/13th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Include a statement (4-6 sentences) regarding how you would foster a climate of equity, diversity, and inclusion in this position. Please also use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kellie Horzewski
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Nora Winkler