The Operations and Management Department within the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Management is looking for an academic department assistant.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: provide administrative assistance to the department chair, department members and students; serve as the departments’ financial manager; purchase supplies and equipment; act as office manager/lead worker; manage departmental offices and processes; assist in curriculum management and entry; assist with recruitments and hiring paperwork; assist with instructor evaluations by students; general computer/technical support for office functions; and other related duties.
Official UW Title: Department Assistant AD085
Minimum / Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, including sensitivity to personal and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in working with a diverse community.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic computer skills and functional knowledge of computer hardware/accessories and the internet.
- Can delegate and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness, and resourcefulness.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- Experience in an administrative and/or financial management position.
- Experience in higher education.
The Operations and Management Department is housed in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Management. O&M primarily serves undergraduate majors in Management, Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Technology, Construction, and Packaging, as well as graduate majors in Training and Human Resources Development, Engineering, Risk Control, and Operations and Supply Management. The department currently has approximately 40 faculty/staff and offers in excess of 50 courses and 100 different sections each semester.
Applications received by end of day May 21, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after May 21, 2023 may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below; no page limit)
- Curriculum vitae or resume (no page limit)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Inclusivity Statement: Equity, diversity and inclusion are important to the mission of UW-Stout. In your cover letter, please include a statement (4-6 sentences) regarding how you would foster a climate of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the program and/or work environment.
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required and Highly Desired Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to provide reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Eli Aba
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Jamie Bowe